第13章
(婚后生活怎么样?)
Not bad. (不错哟。)
我们俩都感到很幸福。
We're happy together now.
我很爱我的妻子。
I love my wife.
我们夫妻俩性格相似。
We're two of a kind. *two of a kind“性格相似的人”。
We're very similar.
Like husband, like wife.
我们俩很般配。
We're a well-matched couple.
我是个顾家的人。
I'm a family-centered person.
I'm a family man.
她想要个孩子。
She wants to start a family.
我怀孕了。
I'm pregnant.
Guess what? I'm pregnant. (你猜怎么着,我怀孕了。)
Really? (真的吗?)
I'm going to have a baby.
I'm expecting.
怀的是男孩还是女孩?
What did she have?
What did she have? (怀的是男孩还是女孩?)
It's a girl. (是女孩。)
问题总会解决的。
We can work it out.
我首先想到的是我妻子。
I think of my wife first.
My wife is very important to me.
I'm very close to my wife.
我们夫妻从不吵架。
We (as a husband and a wife) don't have any fights.
拖家带口的人。
Family man.
●离婚
我们经常吵架。
We fight a lot.
Do you two fight? (你们吵架吗?)
Yes, we fight a lot. (嗯,我们常吵架。)
我不再爱我的妻子了。
I don't love my wife any more.
我老婆有外遇。
My wife's cheating on me. *cheat on...“在男女关系上表现的不忠”。
My wife's a two-timer.
My wife's secretly dating someone else.
My wife's having an affair.
我们感情不和。
We had a falling-out. *falling-out“感情不和”、“失和”。
We had a big disagreement. (我们之间意见分歧很大。)
We don't get along anymore. (我们再也不能在一起了。)
我已经改变心意了。
I've changed my mind.
I've reconsidered. (我想重新考虑。)
你变了。
You have changed.
You're not the same as before. (你和以前不一样了。)
你现在是不是和谁交往呢?
Are you seeing someone now?
Are you seeing someone now? (你现在是不是和谁交往呢?)
Actually, no. (没有,谁也没有。)
我和妻子没什么共同语言。
I don't see eye to eye with my wife. *see eye to eye with...“和……意见一致”。
How's married life? (婚后生活怎么样?)
I don't see eye to eye with my wife. (我和妻子没什么共同语言。)
我们俩合不来了。
We just don't get along.
我想我很了解你。
I thought I knew you.
我和我的秘书有了婚外情。
I had an affair with my secretary.
和你在一起没意思。
I don't enjoy being with you.
We don't have any fun anymore.
我们离婚吧。
Let's get divorced. *divorce“离婚”。
I don't love you anymore. (我不再爱你了。)
Let's get divorced. (我们离婚吧。)
现在我和我妻子分居了。
I'm separated from my wife. *separate“夫妻分居”。
We are living separately now.
我不能失去你。
I can't get over losing you. *get over“(从疾病、痛苦中)恢复,重新站起”。
I can't recover from breaking up with you. (我无法接受和你的分手。)
I can't forget you. (我无法忘记你。)
和你分手是我最大的痛苦。
Breaking up is hard to do. *break up“朋友、夫妻间的分手”。
make up (和好,言归于好)
请不要伤我的心。
Don't break my heart. *break one's heart“使……万分痛苦,让对方因失恋而痛苦”。
I want to break up. (我想和你分手。)
Don't break my heart. (请不要伤我的心。)
Don't make me sad.
我们争论了好几个小时。
We argued for hours. *argue“是用理论来说服对方”或“各自坚持自己的主张而争论不休“。
在工作单位
●在办公室
赶上了!
I made it! *可以用于上班、上学和坐车时的情况。
I made it! (我赶上了!)
Not quite. (那可未必。)
I'm on time!
I arrived on time! (正点到达。)
要严格遵守时间。
Be punctual!
Be punctual! (要严格遵守时间。)
Yes, sir.(是,知道了。)
你又迟到了。
You are late again.
我只迟到了5分钟。
I was only late by five minutes.
I was only five minutes late.
打出勤卡了吗?
Did you punch in? *上班时。
Did you punch out? *下班时。
让我看看我的日程安排。
Let me check my schedule.
Can we meet on Tuesday? (星期二我们可以见面吗?)
Let me check my schedule. (让我看看我的日程安排。)
Let me look over my schedule.
Let me confirm my schedule.
我有好多事要干。
I've got so much to do.
I've got so much to do. (我有好多事要干。)
Don't worry. You can do it. (不用担心,你完全能干好!)
I have so much to do.
I have many things to do.
I'm extremely busy. (我非常忙。)
我的时间安排很紧。
I'm pressed for time.
我是个普通的公司职员。
I'm an ordinary office worker. *ordinary“平凡,普通”。“男职员”、“女职员”均用an office worker表示。
I do office work. (我是个公司职员。)
I'm a regular office worker. (我是个普通的公司职员。)
这工作不太费事。
The work doesn't need much effort.
The work doesn't need much effort. (这工作不吃力。