第14章
)
Lucky you! (那你太幸运了。)
It's an easy job. (这个工作不吃力。)
干活别偷懒。
Don't neglect your duties! *neglect“不认真对待工作,不履行义务,马马虎虎的态度”。Duty“义务”。
Don't neglect your duties! (干活别偷懒。)
Okay. I won't. (好的,绝不偷懒。)
西区由我负责。
I'm in charge of the west side.
I take charge of the west side. (西区由我负责。)
I'm responsible for the west side.
我已经结束那项工作了。
I'm done with the work.
I'm done with the work. (我已结束那项工作了。)
Already? (已经结束了?)
I'm finished with the work.
I'm all done with the work.
我还能工作好长时间呢。
I can still work for a long time.
I'll be able to work for many more years. (我还能工作好多年呢。)
I still have many years of work. (我还可以干上好几年。)
我们的上司被解雇了。
Our boss has been fired. *fire“撤职,解雇”。
Our boss has been fired. (我们的上司被解雇了。)
You're kidding! (你不是在开玩笑吧!)
Our boss has been dismissed.
Our boss has been let go.
Our boss has been canned. *俚语。
Our boss has been sacked. *俚语。
请把这个订在一起。
Please staple these together. *stapler 是名词,“订书器”。 staple为动词,“订在一起”。
能帮我复印一下这份材料吗?
Would you copy these papers?
复印机有毛病了。
This copy machine doesn't work.
This copy machine isn't working.
This copier is broken. (这台复印机坏了。)
我想复印机是没纸了。
I think it ran out of paper. *run out“用完”。
I think it's out of paper.
付款截止到什么时候?
When is this due? *due“已到付款截止日期”。
When do I have to pay this by?
When is the last day I can pay for this?
How long is the pay period?
When is the pay period over?
When does this have to be finished by?
付款日期截止到30号。
It's due on the thirtieth.
我们休息一会儿吧。
Let's take a break.
Let's take a break. (我们休息一会儿吧。)
Yes, let's. (好吧,休息一会儿吧。)
Let's take a break, shall we?
Shall we take a break. (我们休息一会儿吗?)
能帮我倒杯咖啡吗?
Get me a cup of coffee, will you? *用于上级对下级。
Would you bring me a cup of coffee? (能麻烦您帮我倒杯咖啡吗?) *这种说法要礼貌得多。
您想喝杯咖啡吗?
Would you like some coffee?
Would you care for some coffee? *比较有礼貌的说法。
Do you want some coffee?
How about some coffee?
那真是太好了。
That would be great. *用于回答别人的邀请和建议。
That would be perfect.
That would hit the spot.
That would be grand. *比较旧的说法。
快到午饭时间了。
It's almost lunchtime.
It's almost time for lunch.
我们有1小时的午休时间。
We took an hour lunch break.
Where were you? (你去哪儿了?)
We took an hour lunch break. (我们有1小时的午休时间。)
我们开始吧。
Let's get started.
Let's begin! *用于任何场合。
Here we go.
Let's get down to business. *谈生意进入正题时使用。
Let's get down to work. (我们开始工作吧。)
现在我不能放下这个工作。
I can't leave this job at the moment.
Let's take a vacation soon. (我们马上休假吧。)
I can't leave this job at the moment. (现在我不能放下这个工作。)
I'm tied up at the moment.
我太忙了,顾不上那么琐碎的事。
I'm too busy to bother with such details. *detail“细小的,零碎的”。
我忙得四脚朝天。
I'm so busy, I'd really appreciate any help I could get.
别偷懒!
Don't slack off! *slack“懒惰”、“马马虎虑”、“松散”,slack off 表示“做事松松散散”、“偷工减料”。
尽你的全力!
Do your best!
悠着点儿。
Don't work too hard.
Good-bye, John. (约翰,再见。)
Bye. Don't work too hard. (再见。悠着点儿。)
打起精神来。
Pull yourself together. *pull oneself together“打起精神,振作起来”。
Pull yourself together. (打起精神来。)
But I just made a big mistake. (可是我出了个很大的差错。)
Get a hold of yourself.
你可以找我呀!
You can count on me. *count on...“指望”、“依赖”。
I need more help with the project. (这个计划还得找人帮忙。)
Well, you can count on me. (那,你可以找我呀。)
连喘口气的工夫都没有。
I don't even have time to catch my breath.
How's work? (工作怎么样?)
I don't even have time to catch my breath. (连喘口气的工夫都没有。)
I don't have time to breathe.
你怎么耽搁了?
What's keeping you?
What's keeping you? Hurry up. (你怎么耽搁了,快点儿!)
I'll be over soon. (马上就来。)
换个工作是惟一的解决办法。
Changing jobs is the only way out. *way out“解决办法”。
你应该更加努力工作。
You'd better work harder.
You should work harder. *这句不如上句语气强烈。